Welcome Future Lions!
Autrey Mill Middle School Bell Schedule
Autrey Mill Middle School Courses
6th Grade Academics: Students will work with their 5th grade team to schedule 6th grade courses.
Students will have Math, ELA, Social Studies, Science and either a Reading or World Language course.
**Students who meet placement guidelines can choose a year-long World Language course: Spanish, French, or Latin
Click here to learn more about AMMS World Languages
6th Grade Connection Courses: To learn about our Connections program, click here
Option A, General Connections: 6th grade students have two class periods for Connections courses (6th and 7th periods), and courses will change every nine weeks.
Every 6th grade student will have at least one quarter of PE, one quarter of Health, and one quarter of Career Awareness. All other connection courses will be randomly assigned from the general connection course offerings: PE, Adventure Quest, Art, Drama, Marketing, Engineering, STEM, or Video Broadcasting
Option B, Performing Music Connections Program: 6th grades students have two class periods for Connections courses (6th and 7th periods).
One class period will have one quarter of PE, one quarter of Health, one quarter of Career Awareness, and one quarter of another general connection course that will be randomly assigned from the general connection course offerings: PE, Adventure Quest, Art, Drama, Marketing, Engineering, STEM, or Video Broadcasting.
The other class period, students can choose to take one, year-long performing art course: Band, Chorus, or Orchestra
**Click on the courses above to find out more
Here are two examples of 6th grade schedules:
AMMS 6th Grade Lunch 6th graders each lunch from 12:05pm to 12:35pm. Students sit at the same table each day with their 3rd period classes.
Parents can use MyPaymentsPlus.com to manage their student's lunch account.
Free and Reduced Meal Benefits Application click here
Free and Reduced Meal FAQs click here
Infinite Campus Parent and Student Portal The Infinite Campus portals - Campus Parent and Campus Student - provides access to information for all enrolled students in their household. Information includes grades, attendance, assignments, and school announcements.
Note: Parents must register the first time they are accessing their account. All students have access to Campus Student via ClassLink.
Click here for instructions on how to set up your parent portal account.
AMMS Technology Students will be issued a school device (i.e., laptop) within the first couple of weeks of school. Click below to learn more about the technology platforms used at AMMS:
Parents can find additional virtual resources and learning videos by clicking here
AMMS School Clubs and Activities There are many opportunities for students to become involved!
Attendance In order for students in Fulton County Schools to learn and achieve to their fullest potential, it is critical that they attend school and are engaged in the learning process. Student absences, whether excused or unexcused, impact a child's ability to succeed in school. To increase student attendance in school, students need to feel valued, engaged, and safe at school. Parents/Guardians will be notified more often based on all absences regardless of whether a student is excused or unexcused.
Click here for Attendance FAQs
- Middle School: Attendance is taken each period. Students must be present for 50% or more of the day to be marked present.
- Middle School messages begin going out around 4:30 p.m. on the day of the absence.
- If your student is absent or misses one or more periods of the school day, they will be marked with an "A" (for absent) in our attendance system, and you will receive an automated phone call and email message to the designated contact info you provided in Infinite Campus. This includes excused absences that are approved in advance.
- Errors can occur and if you feel you received a phone call by mistake, contact your school front office to verify that your student’s attendance record is accurate.
- If your student's absence was unexpected, please remember to contact your child's school by sending in a note or email so the absence can be marked "excused" in the system.